5 No Cost Winter Energy Saving Tips
Did you make any financial goals for 2017? Stop your hard earned cash from flowing right out your windows and doors this winter by following these 5 no cost energy saving tips from the HVAC team here at NETTTS.
- 1. Turn down your thermostat to 68 degrees. For every degree you lower your heat below 70, you’ll save 3-5% on heating costs.
- 2. Use the sun for free heat. Fully open up all your curtains and blinds while the sun is out to capture its energy.
- 3. Bundle up with warm clothes and accessories, and get cozy with a blanket. Try sleeping with an extra blanket or warmer clothes and socks.
- 4. Only heat the rooms you use. If you have a spare bedroom or den in your house or apartment that isn’t used every single day, don’t waste money heating it. Close the vents or turn down the radiator in that room.
- 5. Change the direction of your ceiling fans. Did you know most have a winter and summer setting? Counter-clockwise pulls hot air up (summer), and clockwise will push trapped heat down (winter). Make sure the fan is on a low setting to gently guide the warm air down and not create a breeze.
What other ideas and suggestions do you have to keep heating costs down for this winter?